- Go to bed at the same time each night even on weekends. This helps your body clock get used to these times.
- Sleep in a comfortable bed.
- Create a calm bedroom environment. Sleep in a dark room and avoid turning your bedroom into an entertainment centre with televisions, computers and stereos.
- Regular exercise is a great way to improve your sleep. Just be careful not to do it close too bed time as exercise produces stimulants that stop the brain from relaxing quickly.
- A healthy diet will also help but eating a large heavy meal too close to bedtime will interfere with your sleep.